Hey I’m so glad you’re here at Come Have a Peace. It’s a place for me to connect God’s truth to life. You’ll often hear about my family and our life in the Inland Northwest. We’ve had the privilege of living in a lot of different places. Other languages, foods, and people make my heart happy, and I hate going to the airport if I don’t have a ticket or a loved one to retrieve.
My days are now filled with serving my own family and the women of my community in places like my church and other places close to my heart. I’ve started a new chapter as the Director of Head Start and Early Head Start services in the Umatilla-Morrow Region of Oregon (just the next state over). I love strengthening families by working with two generations to make home a happy, healthy place for the stories of children to begin. I keep a personal paper planner that usually looks like a flight plan, but it helps me keep important things in place … most of the time. I would love to have you into my home to drink some “pretty sweet” tea or linger over coffee with me. If you come at the right time, we’ll have popcorn.
I started Come Have a Peace in 2009, because I knew God wanted me to, and let’s be honest, it feels so good to do what God wants! It’s been a sweet journey for me, and now I think of Come Have a Peace as my blog home. I welcome you here to discover a little more of the peace you’re meant to know.
20 quick things to know about me
- I usually wear dangly earrings
- My favorite color is red
- Silver is my metal
- Love sitting by a fire & warm blankets
- Hate ironing
- I feel the need to make the bed every morning … every morning
- I’m most comfortable in a ponytail
- I love children’s books, especially when they rhyme
- My favorite snack is popcorn
- My favorite sweet is dark chocolate with a blob of peanut butter
- The beach is my happy place
- Cold weather makes me want to bake, especially homemade bread
- I love to talk to strangers
- I really like to color and use it to relax, have devotions, and make gifts
- My favorite meal to go out for is breakfast
- I do have an umbrella … but I rarely use it
- I have a “little” tendency to drive on the right edge of the road … ahhhhh!
- I’m most likely to order my coffee decaf, with a little half & half (not powder)
- One of my guilty pleasures is from McDonald’s (Filet o’ fish) with Diet Coke (don’t judge)
- I love pottery … decorate with pottery, serve with pottery, drink my decaf coffee out of pottery!
If you want to know more about my story, my family, and what more fills my days, I’ll refill the popcorn bowl, make fresh coffee, and invite you HERE to read my story.