Check out The MOM Initiative today where I’m sharing a video post today about making it work when you work from home.
What is a wife’s true identity?
If you are a wife, you are not meant to be an object of lust or selfishness like magazines tell us. There’s no use in competing with unreal models; that’s an empty goal. Photography software, reality TV, and social media make us think we can and should be perfect to be desirable, but that’s not true. Being a Christian wife is so much richer than that. You’re not valued by a performance compared to pornographic descriptions of “hook ups” not founded on trust or mutual respect and commitment. If you are a wife, that’s not your identity at all.
If you’re a wife, you have value not found on the pages of the current Cosmo.
- You are made in God’s image.
- You are totally unique and unlike any other woman.
- You are beautiful in your influence on people.
- You are lovely as you use your skills & abilities.
- You are treasured as your are worthy of the trust of your man.
- You are valued as you give of yourself to serve.
- You are enjoyed as you embrace your relationships, public & intimate.
- You are worthy of praise as you fear the Lord.
- You are deserving of being called “Blessed” by the family you care for.
- You are the apple of God’s eye, with your name written on His hand.
Being a Christian wife
Don’t look for your true identity on the cover of Cosmo, dear friend, sweet wife. You won’t find it there. It’s too sacred to share space with cheap descriptions of one night stands and manipulative tactics by women desperately searching for an identity worthy of love. Sadly, the identity they’re searching for is already waiting for them. There is already a divine Someone who considers them precious and worthy of honor.
“He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” (Proverbs 18:22)
You will find your “wifely” identity in the pages of God’s word as He shares His heart for the oneness that reflects His love for us. You’ll find the true value of being a Christian wife. We don’t have to be a “wife” to receive honor, but for those who do commit themselves to life partnership with a man, the role is beautiful in God’s eyes.
Smile at the name “wife,” friend, for it is a high calling and a blessed title to be embraced. Don’t let anyone try and tell you otherwise!
Sign up for the CHP Newsletter. A new one will show up in email in-boxes this week!