Are you in the camp of spending too much time trying to make a Pinterest-perfect holiday dessert, or are you more likely to be overwhelmed and just buy a pie? Would you be open to option #3? How about using a really easy, semi-homemade recipe for a festive looking and tasting dessert that’s also the right size for one? I want to share my so simple recipe for personal apple pies!
Semi-homemade Personal Apple Pies
- 1/3 of a roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough (Pillsbury was on sale at my store)
- 2 medium sized apples
- 1 T. of flour
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Optional: 2 T. butter and 2 T. of walnuts or pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray; this recipe will make 8 pies.
- Divide cookie dough into the 8 muffin forms, pressing them into a cup shape.
- Peel and chop apples so that pieces are not larger than a Rolo. Toss apples with flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Divide apples between all 8 cookie dough cups. At this point, you may divide the butter into a pat for the top of each apple heap. You can also place a few nuts on top, depending on your guests. I made some with and without nuts, because my guys don’t agree
Bake the pies at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and then allow them to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes. If any of the cookie dough baked out of the muffin shape, tuck it into the filling once you take them out of the oven. Carefully lift each pie out of the pan and serve. You could top it with a little whipped cream or ice cream, but we loved it sans cream. You can treat these as finger foods or serve with a fork on a plate.
These easy semi-homemade personal apple pies would be right at home on your Thanksgiving table! And does it go well with Coffee? Need you ask ….
Need more inspiration? Follow my HOLIDAYS board on Pinterest!